RAG Marine - Customer Service Policy
This Customer Service Policy formalizes our commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers.
The aims of our Customer Service Policy are to:
- make transactions easier for customers and clients
- provide customers and clients with a consistent level of customer care
- provide clear written guidelines to staff
- provide clarity around complaints and dispute resolution processes
- help achieve the vision, goal and mission of our organization.
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for the organization.
RAG Marine prioritizes the effective service of customers and the respectful handling of customer complaints.
RAG Marine and commit to the following principles and practices in customer service.
FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS
- Speak respectfully to customers at all times
- Listen carefully and allow customers time to explain the circumstances fully
- Convey a sound knowledge of the business, including its products, services and guidelines
- Respect customer privacy and confidentiality, in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA).
ACCURATE AND CONSISTENT INFORMATION ABOUT GOODS AND SERVICES
We take active measures to ensure that we:
- Always communicate factually, honestly and accurately to customers, whether in writing, verbally or face-to-face
- Keep publicly available information about goods and services updated
- Provide a clear explanation of our dispute resolution process.
PROMPT AND EFFICIENT SERVICES
So that we can improve our approach to customer service we:
- Strive to address customer enquiries within a reasonable timeframe, whether in writing, verbally or face to face
- Regularly review customer service performance, and incorporate findings in staff training and development activities.
The following service standards apply when communicating with customers:
- When not in the office for an extended period, management and staff will ensure that out-of-office notification is activated.
- Management and staff will respond to customer emails in a timely manner.
- Management and staff will use Plain English when replying to customer emails.
Face to Face
- Management and staff will communicate in a friendly, open way.
- Staff will listen to what the customer has to say before responding. Do not interrupt the customer.
- Staff will respond to customer enquiries and complaints in a respectful way.
Management and staff will.
- Ensure that the information contained on the website is updated and accurate
- Ensure that contact information is updated
- Answer customer enquiries within a 24-hour period.
Social and Digital Channel
- Management and staff will ensure that customer enquiries and complaints received via the organization’s social media and digital channels are answered in a timely and accurate manner.
The RAG Marine complaints process is visible and accessible to staff. It is written in a way that management and staff can easily understand, using Plain English.
We acknowledge that the resolution of customer complaints is a key component of effective customer service.
RESPONSIBILITY AND REVIEW
This Customer Service Policy is the responsibility of the Management of RAG Marine. This policy was last updated 6-5-2022 and will be reviewed 6-5-2023.